Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Updates
Anyssa El Manfaa ’21 transferred to Swarthmore from the Community College of Philadelphia. A serendipitous meeting inspired her to continue her education.
Did you know…?
- Swarthmore is one of only 11 colleges and universities in the U.S. to offer need blind admissions AND meet a family's full determined need without requiring loans.
- In the Class of 2023, 22 percent of students are the first generation in their family to attend college.
- Close to one in five students at Swarthmore are Pell eligible.
- The average aided Swarthmore student only pays $4,250 more for tuition, room, and board today than they did 30 years ago.
- Swarthmore has increased its number of transfer student applications by almost 140 percent over the past 6 years, and admitted 221 percent more transfer students in that time. Learn more about applying to Swarthmore as a transfer student.
Swarthmore is committed to keeping college accessible and affordable for students like Anyssa. To date, over 22,000 alumni, parents, and friends have supported Swarthmore students through the Changing Lives, Changing the World campaign. Join them before the campaign ends on June 30.