Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Updates
Anyssa El Manfaa ’21 transferred to Swarthmore from the Community College of Philadelphia. A serendipitous meeting inspired her to continue her education.
Did you know…?
- Swarthmore is one of only 11 colleges and universities in the U.S. to offer need blind admissions AND meet a family's full determined need without requiring loans.
- In the Class of 2024, 22 percent of students are the first generation in their family to attend college.
- Almost a quarter of students in the Class of 2024 receive Pell Grants.
- The average aided Swarthmore student only pays $4,250 more for tuition, room, and board today than they did 30 years ago.
- Swarthmore has increased its number of transfer student applications by almost 140 percent over the past 6 years, and admitted 221 percent more transfer students in that time. Learn more about applying to Swarthmore as a transfer student.
Swarthmore is committed to keeping college accessible and affordable for students like Anyssa.